Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Dinner On The Run | Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes

Pin It
Today I spent half of the day prepping and baking a batches of my yummy "Biscottis." So I had to think of a quick dinner in the oven. I had tons of fresh tomatoes and a can of tuna. One of Edwin's favorite dishes are tuna stuffed tomatoes. So I thought it was a perfect idea to prep them while my biscottis were baking. And by the way I will post pictures of my biscottis soon =)    
Tuna-Stuffed Tomatoes are fresh, light, and make a great main course for lunch or can replace a salad at dinner.

Its simple to make and easy to prep!

Ingredients:

  • 6 small round tomatoes
  • 1 can  of Tuna (water or oil packed)
  • 4 Tablespoons of cream cheese
  • A splash of sherry vinegar
  • Finely chopped garlic
  • drizzle of olive oil
  • drizzle of balsamic dressing
  • 4 tsp  Parmesan  cheese
  • 4 tsp Bread crumbs

Preparation:

Rinse and dry tomatoes. Cut off the tops of the tomatoes, then cut out the flesh, leaving a cavity large enough to fill with tuna mixture.

In a small bowl mix Parmesan and breadcrumbs together. 


Open  the can of tuna and drain it, squeezing excess water or oil from the tuna. Flake tuna into a bowl and add cream cheese to the tuna. Mix thoroughly. Sprinkle finely chopped garlic on top of the tuna. Splash a bit of sherry vinegar on the tuna mixture and drizzle olive oil over top. Spoon mixture into tomatoes, allowing it to mound on top. Sprinkle tops of each tomato with Parmesan cheese mixture and place under broiler until cheese melts and tomatoes are engorged and plumped with juices! Enjoy!


Let me know if you tried out my recipe, would love to know your comments on  your version of this yummy Sumner !




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll