Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What does a photographic image mean to you?

Pin It
What does a photographic image mean to you? Is it just a pretty picture on a wall or does it transcend an impact of emotions? Sometimes, it can do both.

One of the things I miss the most is painting an art piece. Call me crazy but the smell of paint drove my senses into a creative frenzy. I miss dipping the brush and swirling it around the paint, mixing the colors, to create a prefect shade that suit my pallet. I could hear the sound of the brush touching the canvas and making a soft brushing sound as I would drag the tip of the brush. One of the things that would make me go nuts (in a good way) was the transformation of a color right before my eyes, it was like magic. As an artist the ability to imitate life around you is infallible. There is no right or wrong way to to interpret  art. 

When I started in photography, I had a very hard time connecting with my a camera. To me it was just a huge hunk of plastic. To my husband it was his life, his art and his way of expressing himself. I couldn't understand that at the time. I would compare my beautiful and magical brush to a lifeless and boring equipment. But little did I know that I would later fall in love, with this black contraption, that would allow me to paint a whole canvas in a matter of seconds. Let me rephrase that 1/4000 of a second.

At first it was very frustrating because I was looking for amazing scenery and posed shots. I would force art to come my way, I would force inspiration. I couldn't get the same results as my art work. But  little did I know that my creative nature never left me, it transitioned art forms with me. 

This shot was taken last year when we went to go visit family up in Lancaster.  I look back and I can see my paintbrush never left me. It just morphed into a beautiful camera. As an artist I learned to interpret paintings, and see whats not there, bring out true emotions from the piece, and translate paint into words. You can do the same with a photographic image. I come to realize art comes in many different shapes and sizes. I am so thankful that I was able to learn at a late age a new form of art. 



In your words, what do you see here? What does this photographic image mean to you? 

Love to hear what your thoughts are =)



Bella 2010

Nancy
xoxo











No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogroll